- Whats does enclosure mean?
- What does enclosures mean in a letter?
- What does enclosure only mean?
- Where do you put enclosures in a letter?
- What is the use of enclosure?
- What are synonyms for enclosure?
- What word is associated with enclosure?
- Which is the best dictionary definition of enclosure?
- Where does the enclosure go in a letter?
- What does the word enclosed mean in a letter?
- What are the four senses of the word enclosure?
Whats does enclosure mean?
1 : the act or action of enclosing : the quality or state of being enclosed. 2 : something that encloses. 3 : something enclosed a letter with two enclosures.
What does enclosures mean in a letter?
An enclosure notation–Enclosure:, Encl., or Enc. –alerts the recipient that additional material (such as a résumé or a technical article) is included with the letter. You can either identify the enclosure or indicate how many pieces there are.
What does enclosure only mean?
the part of a monastery or convent canonically separated or restricted as the living quarters of the religious, from which a person may leave only with special permission or gain entrance to by special dispensation. SEE MORE. Also in·clo·sure [in-kloh-zher] .
Where do you put enclosures in a letter?
The enclosure notation goes near the bottom of the letter, three lines below your signature or one line below the typist’s initials, in the case of a regular business letter.
What is the use of enclosure?
Enclosure, or the process that ended traditional rights on common land formerly held in the open field system and restricted the use of land to the owner, is one of the causes of the Agricultural Revolution and a key factor behind the labor migration from rural areas to gradually industrializing cities.
What are synonyms for enclosure?
In this page you can discover 86 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for enclosure, like: garden, cote, paddock, earthwork, canopy, porch, aviary, jail, corral, cage and asylum.
What word is associated with enclosure?
synonyms for enclosure
Which is the best dictionary definition of enclosure?
English Language Learners Definition of enclosure. : an area that is surrounded by a wall, fence, etc. : an enclosed space. : something that is included with a letter or in a package. : the act of enclosing something.
Where does the enclosure go in a letter?
Whether you’re writing a standard business letter or something a bit different, like a memo, the style for the enclosure notation is generally the same. The enclosure notation goes near the bottom of the letter, three lines below your signature or one line below the typist’s initials, in the case of a regular business letter.
What does the word enclosed mean in a letter?
something that is enclosed, as a paper sent in a letter. the separation and appropriation of land by means of a fence.
What are the four senses of the word enclosure?
• ENCLOSURE(noun) The noun ENCLOSUREhas 4 senses: 1.a structure consisting of an area that has been enclosed for some purpose 2.the act of enclosing something inside something else 3.a naturally enclosed space 4.something (usually a supporting document) that is enclosed in an envelope with a covering letter